Terms + Conditions
1) PAYMENT – A deposit of 50% of the total rental amount must be received for CASA SANT ANGELO before a booking can be confirmed. The remaining balance, plus a $650 Security Deposit, is due 90 days prior to the beginning of the rental period. If the payment of the remaining balance is not received on or before this deadline, the booking is subject to cancellation without further notice. If booking is within the 90 days prior to beginning of rental period, the total 100% of rental amount and Security Deposit is due. Upon receipt of total payment and security deposit, a RENTAL VOUCHER with directions to the property will be sent to the Client
2) ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE - There are acceptable arrival and departure times for CASA SANT’ ANGELO as outlined herein. At the time of booking, the Client must advise the Property Owner of their arrival time. Sundays, holidays, and late night arrivals are usually not possible. Please note: the Property Owner must approve any change in arrival date or time, at least one week prior to arrival at the property. On arrival, the Client must show the rental voucher and submit copies of all guests’ passports or identity cards to the Property Owner or his/her representative; these documents are required for traveler registrations requested by Italian law.
3) SECURITY DEPOSIT - The security deposit must be paid with a check or credit card to the Property Owner when final payment is due. THE PROPERTY OWNER OR HIS/HER REPRESENTATIVE MAY REFUSE ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY IF THE DEPOSIT IS NOT PAID. This cash deposit will be refunded after 14 days of departure of the rental period by the Property Owner via US mail, less any additional expenses (i.e. utilities and telephone, if applicable) and/or excessive utilities use and any damage the property may have incurred. Be aware that energy costs are much higher in Italy than in the U.S. Keys must be left at property upon departure, fees will be incurred if failure to do so.
4) ASSIGNING AND SUBLETTING – The Client is absolutely PROHIBITED from subletting any part of the property or assigning this Agreement. In addition, there shall be no profit gain, transfer of Agreement or workshops of any kind on the property.
5) CLIENT’S MAINTENANCE RESPONSIBILITIES – The Client accepts responsibility for all guests during rental term, and will: (i) treat property and furnishings with reasonable care; (ii) immediately notify Property Manager of any defects or dangerous conditions in and about the property of which the Client becomes aware; and (iii) reimburse the Property Manager on demand by the Property Manager, for the cost of any repairs to the property damaged by the Client or Client’s guests or invitees through misuse or neglect, and cooperate with the maintenance of property and protection of property and furnishings. Trash and Rubbish removal must be performed by the Clients, there is no Trash collection, although community trash bins are easily accessible and nearby.
6) CLEANING AND HEATING - The final cleaning of €150 must be given to the property manager at the time of arrival unless otherwise outlined herein. Heating costs are always extra and are not included in the rental price.
7) ADDITIONAL CHARGES – Long Distance or excess Internet access charges will be charged. “Normal” Internet usage is included as well as local town calls. Calling cards will be required for non-local town charges.
8) EXTERNAL MAINTENANCE - The Property Owner or his/her representative have, if necessary, free access to the property for essential maintenance purposes (garden, swimming pool, etc.).
9) NUMBER OF PERSONS - The number of persons present at the property at all times (adults and children), may not exceed the maximum 6 for the CASA (Main House) and 2 ADULTS ONLY for the Annesso (Annex). Occupancy for more than the exact specified term of this agreement is prohibited and will be considered a breach of this Agreement. Client will provide a complete list of all occupants of the property at time of booking. No tents, caravans or camping cars can be accepted on the property.
10) PETS – There are NO PETS of any kind allowed on the property or in the dwelling.
11) SMOKING – Client explicitly acknowledges that smoking of any kind is strictly prohibited in any interior space or the property.
12) REPAIRS OR ALTERATIONS BY CLIENT – Client will not make any repairs or modifications to the property whatsoever.
13) VIOLATING LAWS AND CAUSING DISTURBANCES – Client is entitled to quiet enjoyment of the property. Client and guests or invitees will not use the property to violate any laws or become a nuisance to nearby neighbors.
14) PRICING - Prices are based on market conditions. The property owner therefore reserves the right to modify prices in the case of considerable fluctuation of the rate of exchange.
15) RATE NOTES - For every property there are applicable rate notes that explain any charges to be paid at the property. The customer should carefully read these Rate Notes prior to booking the property.
16) MODIFICATIONS - CANCELLATION CHARGES - In the event of cancellation of a booking, even if it is substituted by another booking, THE FOLLOWING PENALTIES MUST BE PAID AND ANY OTHER EXTRA CHARGES: 50% of the rental price if the cancellation is made at least 120 days before the start of the letting period; 75% of the rental price if the cancellation is made between 119 and 90 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the rental price if the cancellation is made between 89 and 1 day(s) before the start of the rental period. It is strongly recommended that Clients purchase trip cancellation insurance. For any amendment to the original booking, assuming that the property and the rental season remain the same, the Client must pay a fee of $125 U.S to the Property Owner. Any modification to the original arrival date will require a balance payment to be made 100 days prior to the modified arrival date. If the Property Owner should, for any reason beyond their control, including force majeure, be unable to provide the customer with the property he/she has booked, both contractual parties are authorized to cancel the contract. The Property Owner will refund to the customer all monies paid.
17) RESPONSIBILITY - The Property Owner is not responsible for any physical injuries caused to the Clients or any member of Client’s party during their stay at the property. It is, therefore, highly recommended that the Clients purchase comprehensive travel insurance prior to their trip. The property offered is a private home, not an official tourist structure or hotel. Being such, the home does not have standards or categories recognized internationally, but instead reflect in the architecture and furnishings of the local traditions and personal taste of the Property Owner. We expressly point out that the facilities, swimming pool (not gated) and grounds are to be used at your own risk and children must be warned and supervised during their stay. Clients must accept differences in the property, be they architectural or cultural, relative to their own homes. Any real deficiencies or problems in the property must be communicated directly to the Property Owner or his/her representative prior to the Client's departure from the property. Telephone and fax numbers of the Property Owner or his/her representative are located in the Property Voucher, provided after the final payment has been received. Complaints issued following the Client's return will not be considered, nor will give rise to any indemnity.
18) PROPERTY OWNER’S DISCLAIMER - The Property Owner does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, or additional expenses incurred by the client or any member of the client’s party regardless of the cause. The Property Owner does not accept liability for any injury, death, loss, inconvenience or damage, alteration, delay or cancellation of the booking as a result of war, threat of war, riot or civil strife, terrorist activity (threatened or actual), natural disaster, fire, sickness, weather conditions, action at an airport or port by any government or public authority, technical problems relating to transport and airport regulations caused by technical, mechanical or electrical breakdowns or with the client’s accommodation or other circumstances as amounting to ‘force majeure’ or Acts of God or other similar events beyond the Property Owner’s control.
19) JURISDICTION - In the event of controversy arising from the booking and property rental, only the Italian law and courts of Arezzo will preside. By signing the booking form and confirming the booking, the customer implies that the Rental Conditions have been understood and have thereby been accepted without reserve and without exception. If any of the conditions of this contract have become invalid or were invalid or if in this contract there should be a gap, the other conditions cannot be contested.
Arrival Times/Departure Times:
Official Arrival Times:
- Friday 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM(or mutually agreed on by Property Manager)
Official Check out Times:
- Friday 10:00 AM
- To be paid by cashiers check/personal check to the Property Owner at time of final booking. The deposit will be returned via US Mail 14 days after departure, assuming there were no damages.
- Heating charged according to consumption
- Telephone and internet charges are charged according to consumption (if applicable)
- Extra maid service is usually available upon request and is paid locally.
- Heating during Low Season, with exceptions made for extreme weather. These charges will be applied based on consumption.
- If you arrive outside of the acceptable arrival times you may be charged Property Mangers hourly rate.
- Clients are expected to depart the property by 10:00 am, unless otherwise indicated.
- If available, chef service should be arranged at least two months prior to arrival and is subject to the availability of the chef.
- CLIENTS ARE REQUIRED TO GIVE A PHOTOCOPY OF THEIR PASSPORT TO THE PROPERTY MANAGER WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT THE PROPERTY.
This document constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties, and no promises or representations, other than those contained herein and those implied by law, have been made by Property Owner or Client. Any modification to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by Property Owner and Client.